The Clock Tower Bell, also called the former Kowloon-Canton Railway Clock Tower, is a Hong Kong landmark located on Tsim Sha Tsui’s southern shore. It was built in 1915 and began service in 1921. Although it ceased operation in 1950, it holds the memories and close bonds among people in the Mainland and Hong Kong. Now, the bell’s chime is ringing again to report the time, sounding every hour between 8 am and midnight. The tower has come to its 100th anniversary. To celebrate the centenary of the Clock Tower bell, the Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) held a ceremony to commemorate it on 9 December. A series of activities such as workshops and an exhibition was held to deepen the public understanding of Hong Kong history. For more information, please click here.