On February 18, the HKgov announced the Covid-19 Vaccination Program for the city. Here are several key points of interest of the vaccination:
- The HKgov purchased 22 500 000 vaccine doses in total, sufficient for all people in Hong Kong.
- As the vaccines will arrive in batches, the HKgov decided to arrange priority vaccination for five groups: frontline workers; persons aged 60 or above; residents and staff of residential care homes; essential public servants; people working at cross-boundary transportation, control points and ports.
- Four channels of vaccination: 29 Community Vaccination Centres (operate from 8am to 8pm daily), more than 1 500 private clinics, 18 general out-patient clinics of the Hospital Authority, as well as residential care homes for the elderly and for persons with disabilities.
- Members of the public can select the vaccine to be inoculated, and reserve the time and place of their first and second doses through the 24-hour online booking system on www.covidvaccine.gov.hk. After vaccination, they will receive paper vaccination records. They can also download their electronic vaccination records via the “iAM Smart” mobile app. Prior appointment for the vaccination is mandatory.
- The first batch of Sinovac will arrive on February 19, while the first batch of Fosun Pharma/BioNTech vaccines is expected to arrive by the end of this month.
- The vaccination programme will open for online appointments starting from next Tuesday February 23. The priority groups can receive the Sinovac vaccine at the five CVCs and the 18 general out-patient clinics of the HA starting from February 26.
- Vaccination is a top priority of the anti-epidemic measures. Members of the public are encouraged to fight the virus by getting vaccinated early so as to enable Hong Kong to successfully fight the epidemic as soon as possible.
For more information, please refer to the HKgov webpage here (click).